The Vocation Depot is expanding our Discovery Services and we are actively looking for individuals who are Discovery Certified to work with our customers. There are several opportunities throughout Florida. If you are a Discovery Specialist and interested in pursuing a career with The Vocation Depot, please send your resume and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vocation Depot is always looking for qualified and passionate Employment Specialists to augment our existing team to provide Employment and Supported Employment services. Our Employment Specialists are focused on our core services, where they assist our customers with Resume Development, Job applications & searches, Interviewing skills and Career counseling to help them find meaningful Employment.
If you are interested in pursuing a career as an Employment Specialist, or have questions regarding the requirements, please send your resume and/or questions to email@example.com
Employment Status: Full Time, Salary + Commission
The Vocation Depot is a Non-profit Employment Services Business partnered with the State of FL, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, assisting People with Disabilities and our Military Veterans to prepare, find, and retain employment.
Primary Functions of the Employment Specialist:
· Search for job opportunities via Internet job boards, social media, job fairs, company websites, and networking with Employers and other resources within the community.
· Instruct customers on how to develop and write resumes, assist with job applications and assessments.
· Teach customers best practices for following up on applications, interviews, and job leads.
· Practice interviewing skills and prepare customers for potential interviews with Employers.
· Meet customers at their homes or in the community using a personal vehicle to job search/submit applications. At times may require picking up customers and taking them to interviews and possibly accompanying them during interviews.
· Establish relationships in the community with employers for potential opportunities, network with businesses, and other community resources to assist in job development.
· Upon successful placement of a customer in employment, provide on-going coaching support to ensure long-term success and retention.
· Maintain frequent and regular contact with customers, a minimum of once a week either in-person, phone call, e-mail, video chat, etc.
· Maintain weekly case updates in a state database, submit monthly reports, and successfully meet assigned employment benchmarks.
· Maintain regular contact with State Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, providing them with updates on customer status, etc.
Employment Specialists work remotely, spending the majority of their time with customers and/or employers in the community.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. This position may require some evenings or weekends, depending on schedules.
This Employment Specialist position requires regular travel within their assigned territory.
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Four years’ experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program; experience in job placement, job coaching, or counseling; or other related experience working with persons with disabilities. OR
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from an accredited college or university and one year’s experience as described above. OR
· A Master’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from an accredited college or university and six month’s experience as described above.
· An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an unrelated field, and two years’ experience as described above.
· Valid FL Driver’s License and safe/reliable transportation for transferring clients and valid auto insurance with $50K/$100K minimum coverage
· The selected candidate will be required to pass a Level 2 background check
· The selected candidate will need to obtain Best Practices in Supported Employment Certification within the first 2 weeks of employment.